Tuesday, September 30, 2008

9/30 WOD

today i went to the pool to swim 500m. i wasn't so focused on my time as much as i was applying the 'total immersion' swim technique. i really worked on keeping my balance by sinking my buoy. my problem is when i breath i bring my head too far up and my legs sink. i think i need to get a nose plug and it will be easier to just turn ot the side. i am overcompensating to keep the water out of my nose. i am also trying to get the timing down so i can harness the power of my core in my stroke.


2pm
endurance: 'swim: 500m'

4 drill sets
10 laps
4 drill sets

my time = 8:55

3 comments:

Brad said...

Total Immersion ROCKS! Keep at it!

the get in shape dude said...

yeah i really like the philosophy. it's going to take some time to get used to the new movements and timing.

Brad said...

My stroke count went from 23/25m to 17/25m after the first read - with a faster time!