Wednesday, September 10, 2008

9/10 WOD

today i tried my first open water swim in the bay with my wetsuit. there was a little inlet that was about 100m across that i swam across twice. the first time across i had a lot of anxiety and i swam too fast. that gassed me about half way through which made the panic worse.i regrouped on the other side and set back across, keeping in mind to keep a nice slow pace. the pace was fine on the way back but my heading was way off and i ended up a bit up the beach. i will try to get out there a few more times before the race.

i was able to run the entire 1.5 miles today non-stop. i plan to put .5 miles on every week during my easy run so hopefully i can run the tri 5k without stopping once.


9am
endurance: 'open water: practice'

200m



8pm
endurance: 'run: easy'

1.5 miles

my time = 18:41




burpee to pull up +34 (306 total)

No comments: