Tuesday, June 3, 2008

back in the gym

I am turning 35 this year and i have three children & one on the way. After high school i haven't lead the healthiest of lifestyles. Alot of partying and inactivity quickly raised my weight from 220 to 275 a year after high school. There had been a few times over the years i was able to get my weight back down to 230. once by weight lifting & playing basketball when i was 20 and the other when i was a vegitarian at the age of 27.

After my first child was born 7 years ago we moved to chicago where I quickly gained 50 pounds from all the pizza and hot dogs. This past summer we moved back to california and its time for me to get back into shape so i can lead a sustainable lifestyle in order to watch my kids graduate, get married, and have kids...

I began working out again in november of 07'. i actually gained weight during that month and got up to a personal weight high of 301 pounds. during january and february i fell off the training wagon and stopped going to the gym. over the past few months i broke slowly back into weight training and began riding my bike alot. i started eating at home and have been able to lose 20 pounds over this time. for the past month i have been hitting the gyn hard doing 20+ sets per bodypart once a week.

No comments: