Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Diet Plan

One thing I love to do is eat, but what I realized a few years ago, when I was a vegitarian, is that you can eat all the good food you want & lose weight. My problems have come from lifestyle restricting school & work schedules. Many times I would have to decide what meal to eat not based on nutrition but instead based on convenience.

I have been studying some different nutritional ideologies. My friend really believes in the abs diet, but I personally do not like all my meals preplanned out all the way down to my snacks. So I take a little aspect of each diet plan and try to apply it to my life. I am looking for a sustainable lifestyle and not just a quick fix to lose a bunch of weight. I really believe that we need to listen to our bodies natural cravings in order to figure out what nutrition our bodies need.

Something that has really worked well for me on workout days is to eat eggs in the morning. Eggs seems to be a power food for me and provides me with the energy I need at the gym to put in 1 1/2 to 2 hour workouts.

So here is a general example of my daily diet & exercise schedule:

7 am - piece of fruit & Green Tea with caffiene
8:30 am - 4 eggs & 2 pieces of whole wheat (no corn syrup) bread/ OJ
10 am - 30 gram protein shake (100 calories)
10:30 am - weight lifting
12:30 pm - protein shake
1 pm - carne asada burrito
3 pm - glass of juice
4 pm - edemame (soy beans)
5:30 pm - fruit (watermelon)
7 pm - home cooked dinner
9:30 pm - protein shake

I also drink about a gallon of water a day

No comments: